This month I found myself going for various nude eye/bold lip looks. I have a mixture of brand newbies and old goodies for you guys. Oh, and that make up bag in the background is my trusty Urban Decay Quinceanera Bag. I used it to prop up the make up and because I love glitter.
1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains ($8.99) – Hot on the tails of their Lip Butters, Revlon’s most recent lip product had me crazy this month (it didn’t help that there were equally crazy BOGO sales!). I went out and bought almost every color, and then brought them home to try on with my mom for half an hour. When I say that these stains last, I mean they last. A lot of people are comparing these to Clinique’s Chubby Sticks which is unfair, because the Chubby Sticks are being marketed as a balm, while these are much more clearly a stain, lending themselves to be less moisturizing than Clinique. That being said, this doesn’t dry out my lips and if I ever feel a little dry, I pat on some Chapstick; it doesn’t affect the stain at all. The color payoff is remarkable. There’s an assortment of colors that I can’t get enough of; my mom stole 4 from me and I had to replace them all, leaving me with a total of 6.
2. Too Faced Sexpresso & Peach Fuzz ($17.00) – I’ve actually had this eyeshadow duo for more than two years, but I always forget about it. I’ve been looking for a pretty peach with subtle glitter to replace my BareMinerals Peach Puff shadow (mineral shadows are hard to clean and sanitize when you get styes!). I came close with a few Sephora shadows, but this Peach Fuzz almost fits the bill. It’s buildable to an OMG glitter level, which is handy when I’m feeling fierce. That being said, it is very easy to build the glitter, so I have to use a light hand when applying. Also there is some fallout, but that’s not such a big deal when I consider that I don’t have to go out and buy a new eyeshadow to satisfy my search. Sexpresso is a silky dark brown that compliments Peach Fuzz when used in the crease perfectly.
3. Anthropologie Bangle (similar) ($28.00) – I received this bangle as part of a birthday present from my BFF back in July. It’s so dainty and girly and fits perfectly on my child-like wrist. It came in other fun summer colors, but it looks like Anthro has replaced them with “carousel” colors, which are equally cute!
4. Maybelline Full ‘N Soft ($7.49) – Now that my Fairydrops mascara has dried out, I’ve decided to do some drugstore experimenting. There has to be a perfectly affordable mascara that delivers, right? I’ve started with this, and I’ve been pretty pleased with the results. I don’t get the faux eyelashes look with these, but it dord what it claims: volumizes. The best part is that it looks totally natural, which is something I’ve been digging the past month. I’m still open to trying different mascaras but so far, this is great for when I don’t want to look too done up or don’t have time to perfect my mascara application. At $8, how can it be beat?
5. Smashbox Softbox Eye Palette ($48.00) – Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve been into nude/downplayed eyes this month. Yes, I have both Naked palettes and how on Earth can one get tired of them, but I’ve been reaching for this Smashbox palette a lot! There is a pretty peach (sans glitter!), a frosty pink, a coppery brown, and an assortment of glittery to matte grays. The Bronze & Taupe liners are perfect for smudging into the lashline, and the duo-ended brush included isn’t so bad, either.
So there we have it, another month of crazy obsessions! What have you guys been crazy about lately?