It’s the time, again! Time for me to talk about things I’ve been
obsessing over loving. I’d say this is a good mix of classics/staples and experimental products. Here we go!
1. Essie Luxeffects Shine of the Times – This flake top coat looks different over different colors, and I love it. Over black, the red/green tones shine the most. Right now I have it over a nude, and I get rose/lavender/gold/periwinkle in various lights. I actually can’t stop swatching this on nail wheels over different colors. This is a must own if you are a fan of flakies and luminescence.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars – No specific color because so far I’m loving all of them. I’m especially enjoying mixing shades. I’m sure you’ve heard by now the greatness that are the Lip Tars, especially since Sephora now carries them. You only need the tiniest bit to get full-color opacity. The best part is that what you see in the tube is what you get on your lips. I have the following: NSFW, Grandma, Marion, Kava Kava, Harlot, Melange, Trollop, and Vintage. On my NC35ish skin, they all look great. These tubes are actually the old packaging that I got on sale, and the sample vials are from Retro Wombat’s Storenvy shop (great way to try a shade at a fraction of the cost without committing to a whole tube).
3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Tint – I’ve been looking for a good tinted moisturizer for as long as I can remember. I even went through BB creams but couldn’t find the right one. I think OCC Tint might be the one for me; it has sheer-medium coverage that’s easily buildable/layerable without looking caked on. At all. It obviously doesn’t cover pigmentation or acne scars, but I either throw on some concealer and stipple this on, or apply with my fingertips and dab on concealer over it. It’s perfect for every day. I feel like my skin can breathe in this. Plus, it’s 100% Vegan, which is always good news for my sensitive skin.
4. Chanel Stud Earrings (similar $$$/similar $) – I apologize for the bad angle of these, but this is absolutely the most gorgeous pair of earrings I own right now. My mom gave them to me; my dad bought them for her a while ago when she was going through her OMGJEWELRY phase. It’s one of my few ~real gold~ pieces so I’m paranoid about losing them, thus I never take them off. They go with everything anyway–they’ll forever be jewelry box classics. I promise I’ll feature these in an upcoming OOTD so you can get a better look at them. Here’s a quick phone photo:
5. TheBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder – Whoa whoa whoa, how am I only now finding out about this powder? I enjoy Meow’s Top Cat, but I find I can sometimes lean towards ghostly because of the white color. Sexy Mama looks pink/peach in the pan, but goes on translucent. Like, completely translucent. And it kicks booty at controlling shine! My only gripe is that yes, it’s cute and portable, but there isn’t an applicator so you have to tote around a mini kabuki or sponge. I personally prefer a sponge for fuller, even coverage. I use this both before and after foundation.
6. Sephora Cinderella So This Is Love – It has been such a hassle to track down Miss Dior pre-name change that I’ve been looking for alternatives to my #1 of 2012. So This Is Love has come the closest to satisfying my picky nose. It’s soft, romantic, and lasts all day on me. Every time I get a whiff of this throughout the day, I kind of squirm on the inside in joy. I keep going back for samples; I should really just pull the trigger on this and buy it already.
What have you guys been enjoying this month? Anything I should know about, huh?
P.S. I am very excited to announce that I’ll be holding my first giveaway this week! Here is a sneak peek at the goodies:
Stay tuned for more details!