Ahh, my final favorites of 2012. This last month I favored products that made my life easier. A small, matte, eyeshadow palette kept day-to-day make up easy for me, a tried-and-true mascara I’ve always relied on, simple boots that go with everything, and a hair brush that has definitely sped up my post-shower routine. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Tangle Teezer – Long haired girls: hear me out. I know we’ve always been told never to brush our hair wet, but this thing is a godsend. It’s designed to be used on wet and dry hair, and combs through our nests easily, without breakage or damage. I tried a different detangling brush before this that was difficult to hold while brushing and exchanged it for this one–so much better. In the shower, I’ll apply conditioner to the bottom half of my hair and finger comb. After I get out, I towel dry my hair and try to comb it with a wide-toothed comb. Most of the time this isn’t enough. This Tangle Teezer has replaced my wide-toothed comb! It is infinitely easier to manage my tangle-prone hair with this little guy.
2. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette – Six matte shades in a tiny palette smaller than my iPhone… drool. I can get through the work week, and even the weekends with this palette. No fuss. Just perfect, buttery-smooth shades that last all day. I love love love this palette!
3. China Glaze Champagne Kisses – The prettiest glitter I’ve seen in a long time! Super fine rose gold glitter. It’s a good formula too, very dense glitter. You can’t go wrong with CG. I recently used this in a “champagne glitter dipped” mani with Essie Sand Tropez, and I loved it. This color is adorable and you all know how much I love rose gold.
4. Lush Blousey Shampoo – I’ve gone through four sample jars of this stuff, and I finally pulled the trigger! This shampoo is safe on my color-treated hair. It smells weird and almost offensive at first, but either the smell disipates after lathering up or I start getting used to it. There are a bunch of bananas in it, which is great for conditioning and softening hair.
5. Maybelline Voluminous Mascara – This Voluminous Mascara and I go way back. Like, eighth grade-back. I’ve been trying different mascaras lately, and part of me recently said, “Hey why not? For old times sake!” and purchased this baby again, after several years. Boy, is it just how I remember! This mascara really delivers on its volume claims. After about two coats, I use the tip of the wand to go over individual lashes to lengthen a little. This will always be a mainstay. Voluminous Mascara, please never ever change.
6. Kate Preston Boots (similar) – I got these at Off Broadway a couple of months ago, in preparation for fall. I’d been looking for simple brown boots that would go with almost anything, and these were it! I seriously wear these almost every day. They only look cuter with knee-hi socks. Oh, and I got them in black too.
What have you been loving lately?