Time to get back into the swing of things! Sorry for missing the last two months’ favorites; I was settling in and just using what I had out from the move. But now–let’s get to the goodies.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed – This is something I got a while back and have recently rediscovered. I love this as a built-up blush/bronzer, or a natural-looking go-to. This pairs well with my NARS Laguna. It stays all day on my oily face! Godsend. I’m thinking of getting a few more colors from this line.
2. Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover – This came out just as I was running out of Sonia Kashuk’s remover, so I decided to give it a go. I really like it; it removes my eye makeup without fuss. The only thing it struggles with is my Eyeko liner (it calls for a few more swipes), but I really don’t think anything can easily remove that.
3. Oliveology Shave Gel – I received a sample of this a couple of years ago from their website (back when it was still up). I liked it well enough, but it wasn’t stand-out for me. Recently I saw some Suicide Girl or something answer some questions on her tumblr. Someone asked how she got such a close shave, and she attributed it to Oliveology. So I wanted to revisit! Their website has been under construction for a while now, so I had to find a bottle of this elsewhere. Amazon was sold out, but I was able to track it down at this site, Razor Blades and More Co. …Yes. Believe the Suicide Girl, is all I will say. You don’t even have to wash it off when you’re done shaving!
4. Too Faced La Creme in Spice Spice Baby – Have you tried these lippies? You totally should. They have an amazing formula that’s glossy without the stickiness, moisturizing, and lasts for hours. This particular color has been my everyday, over Too Faced’s Perfect Spice liner. It’s so subtle and pretty. I recently picked up Coral Fire, which is more of a party animal than this one. I don’t think I can stay away from this formula! Oh and if it matters, it doesn’t irritate my Vitamin E-sensitive lips. Hooray!
5. Vichy Deodorant Roll-On Anti-Perspirant, 48 Hours for Sensitive or Depilated Skin – I have really sensitive underarms so I’m fairly picky when it comes to deodorant. Most over-the-counter deos don’t work for me because they’re either not strong enough/don’t last (I’ve tried the “clinical” versions) or they irritate my skin. I’m on my second bottle of this. That’s amazing for me!
6. BaByliss ProTT Tourmaline Titanium 1500 Compact Dryer – My new apartment has old wiring and my property manager put the fear of God in me when she said high-end hair styling appliances will typically blow circuits. In an effort to avoid all that (ain’t nobody got time for dat), I put my 1800-watt FHI Nano Weight aside and ordered a lower-wattage dryer. This little 1000-watt guy has amazing reviews on Folica, and rightly so! It may look tiny, but it packs a punch. It doesn’t take all that much longer to dry my hair than my FHI, either. I’m so pleased with this purchase–plus it’s travel-friendly, making packing 10x easier.
7. got2b Powderful Volumizing Styling Powder – I love using this in the morning when I skip showers. It absorbs oil, mattifies, and is super easy to reactivate. I sometimes use a little on my bangs when I’m styling them, for added oomph and also as a pre-emptive strike against oil later in the day.
Have you tried any of these things? Any favorites you’ve been loving?