I’m alive, I swear! I had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple of weeks ago (it was miserable), and stopped doing everything basically, for fear of disrupting the healing. Apparently I couldn’t even blog. I apologize, that’s all in the past now. In order to deal with the pain and sedentary lifestyle, I bought things. Here are a few of my favorites from this last month!
1. Tarte Camera, Lights, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara – I’m seriously on a mascara craze right now. I actually bought this with my Aqualillies palette after reading such good reviews. I love this stuff. I have never had a mascara hold my curl as well as this does. The brush separates my lashes nicely. I usually do one coat but if I’m feeling extra saucy, I’ll go over with a second coat and this still doesn’t clump. It’s a little harder to remove because it’s the waterproof version of the original, but I don’t mind.
2. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Lavender – I ran out of my Vichy deo and decided to try out Lavanila after always walking by the display at my Sephora. Of course, my Sephora re-opened and stopped carrying this brand in store, but thankfully there was a section of these travel-sized deos in Vanilla Lavender near the register. I love this scent–it’s fresh and comforting. Sometimes I give my armpits a sniff throughout the day because it smells that good. The downside to this is that it doesn’t last all day on me; around early evening I have to reapply. But hey, if they keep selling these cute travel-sized guys, I can keep one in my purse! I’m dying to smell the other scents.
3. Disney Collection A Whole New World Perfume – Pretty sure I’m just going to end up collecting all of the Disney Collection fragrances. This one is to die for. It’s a warm, sexy floral scent that lasts quite a while. How beautiful is this packaging? Yeah, these are going on top of my vanity. That new Ariel one better watch out next month.
4. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – My hands get really dry after using public restroom soap. I’ve been looking for a good, quality hand cream for that and I think I found it. After trying The Body Shop’s famous Hemp Hand Protector, I had to find something less weed-smelling. My co-worker said that this “smells like baby,” but I love it! I keep it at my desk at work and look forward to moisturizing my hands and cuticles throughout the day.
5. Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizer – I have ridiculous dry patches on my legs. They itch like crazy all day, moreso at night. I’m on a hunt for my HG body lotion, and this gets pretty damn close. I don’t itch far as much as I did when I tried other body butters or oils. It’s rich, yet lightweight. Not thick-feeling. I don’t feel like I’m wearing a liquid body suit is what I’m saying. I think I’ll buy another tube of this and see how it goes.
6. Julep Julia – I got this from my bff Trina’s Julep Maven Box. It was too flashy for her, but just flashy enough for me. I adore duochrome. This is the prettiest polish with very fine gold shimmer; super opaque in two coats. It’s like four different colors at four different angles. I made sure to do my nails before I got my wisdom teeth out so that even if I was a dribbling zombie, at least my nails would be on point and I’d have something to look at. Photos/swatches don’t do it justice, but here it is on:
7. BECCA Creme Blush in Turkish Rose – I got this during BECCA’s Last Chance Sale (which is still going on). This shade is the most-loved of the creme blushes, and rightly so. It’s so natural-looking and soft; comparable to Tarte Exposed. Actually, I like to layer the two together for ultimate naturalness and staying power. Sadly, these are being discontinued. Bummer. I’m tempted to buy another one.