I admire those of you nearing the end of your January No-Buy. I, however, am not as strong. I was a sample fiend this month. Like, paid samples. As much sampling as I did, I did make two significant purchases this month: a 21″ iMac and the new Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation (both of which I use daily now!). All my sampling eventually lead to more sampling and more wanting.
With my tax return fast approaching and my newly found interest in greener products, I’ve devised a January Wishlist! I know wishlists are typically shared at the beginning of the month, but this wishlist is for things I’ve had my eye on the last few weeks:
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Too Hot to Handle Mini Shopper – My pretty baby. I’ve been lemming for a simple, classic, black handbag. Every time I go to Nordstrom or Macy’s I have to hold it. I have so many photos on my phone of me posing with this bag, it’s ridiculous.
2. Kjaer Weis Cream Blush Desired Glow – Kjaer Weis won me over with their foundation. I’ve been sampling the color Blossoming and I’m super impressed with the quality of these cream blushes. I’m dying to try it in another color that’s a little more bronzy — I wonder what they’d look like together!
3. Rahua Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner – I’m finishing up the last of my samples from Spirit Beauty Lounge, and I can’t get enough of this set. It smells so good, and leaves my hair feeling healthy and full of bounce!
4. Amala Purifying Mattifier – The search for a natural, oil-controlling primer has been a difficult one. So far, this has been the best one I’ve tried. I’ve sworn by the silicone-free EverMatte Poreless Priming Perfector by BECCA, so those are some pretty big shoes to fill! This Amala primer has been performing well on long work days, though. Especially when used in combination with physical sunscreen.
5. Zoya Tomoko – I’m usually not a fan of textured polishes, but this particular shade is so pretty! It would make a great accent nail. Or you know, full manicure. Plus, Zoya’s a clean brand that I already love.
6. The All Natural Face Magic Vegan Eyeshadow Primer – I’m still using my HG eye shadow primer Too Faced Shadow Insurance, so I’m looking for a natural alternative. This one seems to fit the bill! There are great reviews all over the ‘nets comparing this to Too Faced & Urban Decay. The best part? The price – $7 for .43 oz. (Photo from Nicole at Eco Chic Beauty Diva — she has the clearest photo of this product!)
7. LC Lauren Conrad Tea Berry Comforter Set – How adorable is this bedding? I just want to have a tea party, braid hair, and paint my nails all at the same time when I see this comforter. I’ve looked at it in person a couple of times, but I’ve been waiting for a good sale to snatch it up. It’d go well with my white IKEA Brimnes bed frame. I am not afraid to ~girl it up~ with this.
8. BKR 1L Glass Bottle – If you know me IRL, you’ll know that I’m an avid water drinker. These “clean” glass bottles are so cute and minimalistic, and they’re glass so they won’t leach chemicals. I like the heart design, but I’d need to opt for the bigger 1L size to accomodate my abundant thirst.
9. Kate Spade Nesting Boxes – I’m finally getting around to organizing my new place, and I need storage boxes for smaller things. These would look great sitting in my Expedit shelf. Look at that gold foil. Ugh.
What have you been dreaming of this month?
[highlight]Lastly, a quick announcement![/highlight]
Looks Cute Though will be undergoing a name change — the new name is Not Safe For May. In the coming days, I’ll start changing social media names over and have Bloglovin’ transfer my followers. Please bear with me during this transition — hopefully it won’t take too long to get all settled in at the new URL. Eventually I’m going to have lookscutethough.com redirect to notsafeformay.com. Just a heads up!