January was a very experimental month for me. Lots of sampling and returns. I discovered some staples, both clean and ‘dirty.’ I found myself reaching for these products the most:
1. Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Body Lotion, Maximum – I’ve been on the hunt for the right body lotion that will keep the dry patches on my legs soft all day. I’ve tried Cetaphil, Aquaphor, The Body Shop, Curel, Goldbond, and Eucerin. None of them performed as well as this does. The smell was a little off-putting at first, very “natural,” but I’ve gotten used to it. As you can tell, this bottle is pretty much out. I’ve actually already gone out and repurchased this in the 32 oz size!
2. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap Almond Pure Castile Liquid Soap – For a while I stopped using soap all together because my legs were so itchy all the time. I thought it was something to do with the ingredients, so I staved off all body soaps. That is, until I started reading great reviews for Dr. Bronner’s. It can be used for many things: soap, shampoo, make up brush cleaner, dishwashing soap, etc. The almond smell is so nice, very sweet and nutty. I bought a travel size of the Baby Mild version specifically to clean my make up brushes and sponges. I’m a convert! I’d love to try the other scents.
3. Pixi Glow Tonic – This was a December delivery, but when I used this daily I didn’t notice any benefits. I mean, it is geared towards normal to dry skin (oily and sensitive over here!), but I just read so many good things from Caroline Hirons that I had to snatch one up when the secret pre-launch went live. Last month I only used it a couple of times a week, on days when my skin felt the most congested. I think that’s how I can get this toner to work for me. I’ll continue to use it that way; it makes my skin feel more refreshed than when I used it daily. I can’t afford a bottle of P50, but this seems like a good deal for me!
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel – I tried a deluxe sample of this before and I loved it. I refused to shell out $22 for the full-size when there were so many drugstore alternatives. However, none of them compared! So I picked this up during the Sephora VIB sale and was able to justify the price point. This stuff means serious business. Like, my brows feel crunchy when I use this. Some might not like that, but when you have old man brows like I do, you need all the hold you can get. I’m looking for a greener alternative to this and I’ve got my eye on Jane Iredale’s PureBrow Fix. But until I get around to finishing this tube, I’m satisfied!
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown – This was also part of my VIB haul. I like that I’m able to mix the two colors for the perfect shade. Most of the time I’m lazy and I use the darker color for bald spots and tails, and the lighter shade for the inner part of my brows. I’m also looking for a greener replacement, but I don’t have any leads for this one yet. Even so, this is a great brow powder duo and I hope I’m able to find something else that can compare!
Have you tried any of these products? Tell me what you were loving this month!