I hope you’re ready for this. I found a lot of good staples last month that have made their way into my daily rotation.
1. 100% Pure Mint White Tea Tonique – I originally purchased this toner to use as a makeup setting spray, but I’ve also been using it during my daily/nightly cleansing routine. When my skin needs a little more hydration, I mist all over and let the toner sink in. Otherwise, I usually mist all over and wipe it up with a cotton ball. This toner smells wonderful, and keeps my skin feeling taught. It sets my makeup nicely and keeps it from looking cakey.
2. Kjaer Weis Creme Blush in Suntouched – I received this sample at Veer & Wander, a salon and apothecary in the SoMa area of San Francisco. The rep there said it was the perfect natural color for my skintone, and after using it almost every day, I totally believe her! It’s a beautiful, youthful coral that brightens the complexion. It’s very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I think I’ll purchase a refill of this once I’m finished with my sample.
3. LC Lauren Conrad Necklace (similar) – I received this as a a Christmas gift from my brother, and I’ve been wearing it at least 3x a week ever since. I love how simple it is, and how it goes with almost any outfit. I’m not sure that this is still available online, but you may want to check your local Kohl’s just in case!
4. Kjaer Weis Creme Foundation in Just Sheer – Okay, time to fess up: I’ve been using this foundation since January but I wanted to make sure I love-loved it before I said anything about it here. Obviously, that time has come, hitting pan and all. Everything you have read about this foundation is true. The coverage is amazing. The finish is a gorgeous, natural-looking, satin-matte result that I can’t get from any other foundation. Some days I don’t even need to set it with powder (that’s saying a lot, considering how oily my t-zone gets!). The shade Just Sheer is a pretty close match; it’s a tad too dark but I can get away with it as long as I blend down onto my neck. Kjaer Weis has announced new shades in 2014, so I’m hoping that I can find a closer shade. If not, I’m contemplating purchasing Paper Thin to mix for my perfect shade.
5. Ilia Lipstick in Funnel of Love – This was a Veer & Wander purchase. Totally spontaneous, but when I swatched it on my hand, it was love at first sight. Funnel of Love is a soft, red coral that passes as a peachy nude on me. It’s hydrating and last about 4 hours on me before I have to reapply. Here is a recent ‘gram of me wearing Funnel of Love:
6. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara in Black Tea – I’ve tried this mascara in the Blackberry shade before (see review), but I love the Black Tea even more. This mascara is great at lengthening lashes while still looking natural. My lashes get that “soft and fluttery” effect.
7. 100% Pure Luminous Primer – Historically, I’m not a fan of “luminous” anything. I’m naturally oily, so I tend to veer towards the matte finish. However, after reading so many good reviews about this primer, I decided to give it a try. After sampling it and seeing how healthy it left my skin, I purchased the full-size bottle. This primer doesn’t make me look shiny or oily; it gives me a healthy glow while helping my makeup last a little longer.
8. Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm in Cool Mint – I’ve been sampling brand after brand of lip balm trying to find a replacement for my Medicated Chapstick. I keep finding myself reaching for my Badger Balms. When my lips are flaring up, the mint provides instant relief. The tube is huge, so I think it’ll last me quite a while. I also really like the Unscented Balm for when my lips aren’t out of control or on fire.
9. BeautyBlender Pure Makeup Sponge – I’ve been wanting to try the BeautyBlender for years, but somehow never justified paying almost $20 for a sponge. Thankfully, I bought a 3-month subscription to Glossybox via Living Social, and my first box came with one of these babies! The Pure version, even. It’s like someone out there knew I was going green. I reach for my BeautyBlender for almost everything I do, face-related. It blends foundation and concealer seamlessly, gets rid of creasing and caking, and even sets powder. I’m thinking of getting a couple more (maybe in different colors) for blush/contouring.
10. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer – The jar in the photo is untouched because I’m still working on my sample. I didn’t realize how little you needed of this to achieve a natural glow; it’s so pigmented! Again, I used to not be a fan of anything shiny on my face, but this highlighter works wonders. I usually use it on the tops of my cheeks, inner corners of my eyes, and my cupid’s bow. Seriously, this stuff is so good.
11. Silk Naturals Sleep in a Jar in Light Peach – In looking for a clean replacement for Ben Nye’s Pretty Pink Translucent Face Powder, I read many good reviews on Sleep in a Jar. It comes in varying shades of peach, but Light Peach is perfect for brightening up my undereye area. I was surprised to find that the powder offers a little bit of coverage too, which I appreciate! I use the powder to set my Christopher Drummond and/or RMS “Un” Cover-Up concealers. The jar pictured in my photos is a sample jar, by the way. This is going to last me a long time!
Something I should mention about all of these products is that none of them have broken me out. Transitioning into a cleaner skincare/make up regimen has been difficult (and expensive), but well worth the trouble. My skin, and especially my lips, are much happier for it!