Better late than never, here are some of the products I used and loved the most in October. I was really pleased with most of the products I got from the recent Honest Beauty launch! Clean ingredients and an impressive variety of shades and colors. Let’s talk favorites!
1. CV Skinlabs Body Repair Lotion – I just started using this after my last Alba Botanica bottle ran out. I’ve been curious for the longest time and boy am I glad I finally tried this. This lotion feels so lightweight but delivers day-long moisture. I haven’t even noticed my keratosis pilaris since using this. I’ve started using a little less each time in the name of frugality ($36.00 for 6 oz.). This hasn’t affected its performance though, because the texture is so spreadable and covers a lot of surface area. I will definitely be repurchasing this once I run out.
2. La Bella Figura Creme Blush Disco Queen Gloria – This is the first LBF product I’ve tried, and I’m anxious to try more! This creme blush has great staying power and is the prettiest rose gold shade. There are subtle gold flecks that illuminate the skin, but not to disco ball-status. This feels like a more wearable NARS Orgasm to me. A little goes a long way, but once I finish my sample I’m most likely purchasing the full size.
3. Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Trio Smoky Grey – The texture of these shadows is divine. Perfectly buttery, almost Urban Decay-like. The colors in this trio include slate grey, soft black, and taupe shimmer. It makes eye looks so easy! I still need to find a good eye primer (suggestions, please!), but these shadows last about 4-5 hours on me before creasing/fading. I’m interested in trying out Sabel Brown & Soft Sand trios.
4. Yarok Feed Your Shine Serum – Since cutting my hair short, I’ve been exploring more hair styling products. This has so far been my favorite. Not only does it double as a heat protectant, but it separates texture and imparts the prettiest shine. This has been replacing my Bumble & bumble. Brilliantine cream that I used to use to tame frizz and separate.
5. Honest Beauty Concealer Duo Balanced Beige – I’ve been reaching for this duo on my full coverage days. It plays so nicely with the Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation and the darker shade is a near perfect match for me. I’m not too fond of it under my eyes (creasing, gah), but for scars and blemishes, this is great. It reminds me of Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage concealer – I even use my old LM brush with this.
6. FiOR Minerals Eyeliner Brown Sugar – I’m still struggling to find a good non-toxic liquid liner that works for me, so I’ve been reaching for this pencil liner from a Petit Vour box. It’s creamy and soft and doesn’t tug on my lids. It’s easy to smudge out for a natural daytime look. A great go-to! You’ll notice that there’s some tape on my pencil – I added it because the cap doesn’t stop at a certain point and mashes the tip flat. So I use the tape as a guide of where to stop the cap before I sharpen next.
7. Honest Beauty Brow Filler Rich Brunette – On days when I don’t have the time to dedicate to get my brows fully on fleek, I reach for this. It reminds me a bit of Anastasia’s Brow Wiz, which I loved before going green. I love having the spoolie end handy and the twist-up product means I don’t have to sharpen! The only thing is that this is pretty soft, so I don’t really get a fine point. That’s okay for my purposes though, which is usually quickly getting ready before work.
8. Honest Beauty True Velvet Eyeliner Truly Black – Again, I love having a handy opposite end! I almost always use the smudger when I’m lining my top lids. This stays in place pretty well, even on my waterline. A good basic to have.
9. Josh Rosebrook Herbal Infusion Oil – All of the hype around this product is well-deserved. The strange-sounding dry oil cleansing method really works, you guys. Once I got over the idea of not using water to rinse, especially after a full coverage day, the lazy girl in me started realizing how much I love this. My skin hasn’t broken out or reacted to it. Best part is that this is a multi-tasker – after I cleanse, I’ll use more to moisturize!
10. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek Promise – This is such a lovely MLBB color. It’s easy to keep in my purse and I reach for it often! It’s the first Lip2Cheek I’ve tried and it makes me want them ALL. It’s moisturizing enough but I still wear lip balm underneath.
11. HABIT Cosmetics Nail Polish 25 Disco – Yas, rose gold, yas! I was so happy to see this in my Petit Vour box. The formula is easy to work with, the brush is a good size for my nailbeds, and the color is a pretty metallic rose gold. Ugh. It’s lasted on my nails about a week without significant chipping.
12. Blissoma Free Rejuvinating Gel Cleanser and Makeup Remover – I didn’t care for the smell of this at first, but I’ve been reaching for it in the shower almost every day. It’s a good, simple, cleanser. I don’t trust that all of my makeup gets removed at the end of the night, so I would use this as a first cleanse, but overall I’ve been liking this gel cleanser for what it is.
That’s it for October! Phew – I know that was quite a few items, but I’m playing catch up. What have you guys been loving lately? Any recommendations on what Honest Beauty products I should try in my next bundle?