I can’t believe it’s time for November Favorites already! This year certainly went by quicker than I imagined. I’m glad that I’m back to blogging because I love sharing my favorites with you guys. Last month I reached for a couple of acne-targeting products to get some hormonal reactions under control. Let’s talk!
1. Absolution L’Eau du Soir et Matin – I am so late to the micellar water game. Only recently did I discover the wonder that is micellar water – mostly in thanks to a broadcast Brianna from Brikasia did on Periscope. After some research for a greener version of Bioderma, I decided to try Absolution (in large part to The Hermes Hippie). I love this for lazy nights when I don’t have a lot of make up to remove. I often use it after showers to get rid of any remaining eye make up before going into my face routine. The pump is super convenient for cotton pads, too!
2. Bite Beauty Best Bite Rewind Set – This little set has been such a delight to play with. It’s comprised of 4 mini matte crème lip creme crayons in the shades Cafè (peachy-brown nude), Coulis (raspberry red), Aubergine (eggplant), and Torte (brown-toned rose). My favorites are Torte and Coulis but I’ve been rotating between these four all month! The formula is splendid – comfortable and long-wearing as always. I’ve yet to be disappointed by any Bite products!
3. Faerie Organics Radiant Glow Highlighter – I placed an order for Faerie Organics’ Eye Primer (still testing it out) and they sent me a generous sample of their new highlighter. It’s a loose powder with rose pink undertones. It’s a lovely highlighter that imparts a healthy glow. I’ve been using it over my RMS Living Luminizer and together the products give me a fresh vibrancy that lasts me all day.
4. Sedu Revolution 1.5″ Clipless Curling Iron – I know this looks gigantic and scary, but it’s the size of this barrel that gives me natural-looking texture. I just hold the ends of my hair and wrap sections around the barrel (it barely makes it all the way around). It takes me literally ten minutes to do my hair and the waves last days after that! I actually already own the 1″ version of this iron so I knew I liked how it worked with my hair already. I ordered this wand a couple of months ago right before I cut my hair and thought that I wouldn’t be able to use it with my shorter length. Turns out, I use it all the time! If I decide to grow out my hair again, I’ll have a bigger barrel for more VS angel-like hair, teehee.
5. Odacite Black Cumin + Cajeput Serum – I like having this serum handy for when I experience breakouts. My skin broke out a painful hormonal pimple last month, so I reached for this often to help keep the rest of my skin in check. The Black Cumin oil controls the spread of bacteria so that one awful pimple remains just the one awful pimple. This serum is really great for keeping things under control during that time of the month and it’s so easy to mix a couple of drops with my nighttime oil.
6. Osmia Organics Emerald Body Essence – This. Is. Luxury. I apply this straight out of the shower without drying off and my skin drinks this stuff up. It’s thick and extremely moisturizing and the scent is minty and sultry. The oil is absorbed very quickly and leaves a lingering geranium and frankincense aroma (both of which together, help alleviate anxiety and depression). The Gem Series is perfect to use for special occasions to really up that opulent factor. Osmia just announced the next gemstone in the series – Amethyst. Ah! I’m definitely going to want to try that next. I got this trial vial from Integrity Botanicals, but Osmia also sells samples on their site.
7. Indie Lee Blemish Stick – Indie recommends using this stick when you feel a pimple coming on. I’ve been using it all month and have watched potential pimples come and go by treating them with this spot treatment! I love that it’s clear and can be layered underneath make up. On days that I go make up-free, I’ll bring this stick with me and re-apply on my trouble spots throughout the day. It doesn’t seem to help much with erupted pimples, but I think that’s what her Blemish Lotion is for. That’s on my wishlist!
8. Physician’s Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum – This has been the best-performing liquid liner I’ve tried so far. It’s so easy to use and lasts all day. I still haven’t noticed any significant improvements from the serum aspect of this product, but my initial thoughts in my full review still hold true.
9. Sappho Cosmetics Blush Brush – JoAnn Fowler very kindly sent me this brush after the Pinky & Magoo Campaign closed. It’s so fluffy and soft and cleans really easily. The brush is made of taklon synthetic fibers that were designed with “flailed ends to hold the makeup first and then deposit it evenly and smoothly.” I love the way it looks, too – the bronze-y ferule and bamboo handle combo is a good one. It’s a solid blush brush that I will for sure be keeping in my rotation.
10. Silk Naturals HD Peach Concealer 40 – I’ve been working off of this sample since July. Is that gross? Don’t answer that. This concealer is supposed to be a dupe of the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer. I’ve never used EP so I can’t speak to how it compares, but I do like the peach tones that help counteract the darkness underneath my eyes. I use it both on its own and underneath Hynt Beauty’s DUET Perfecting Concealer. It’s creamy, easy to blend and doesn’t crease too much on me. Plus, it’s hard to beat Silk Naturals’ price points.
Lastly, here are some swatches of the make up products for you. You have to look real hard for the Silk Naturals swatch, but… look at that beautiful TORTE!
What were you loving the most last month? Have you tried any of these products?